Fujinon MK18-55mm T2.9 is a lightweight and compact lens compatible with the Sony E Mount. Featuring 200 degrees of focus rotation and the 4K Cabrio quality, the Fujinon MK18-55mm T2.9 Lens also features back focus adjustment giving you the option to customize your focus.
Advanced optical performance, packed into the compact and lightweight lens barrel
- The Fujinon MK18-55mm T2.9 lens offers advanced edge-to-edge optical performance and low distortion. They are designed with integrated colour temperature with other FUJINON CINE lenses in the HK / ZK / XK series to simplify colour grading*7 that is required when using a combination of multiple lenses.
- They have T2.9 speed across the entire zoom range which facilitates the increasingly popular style of bokeh effect with shallow depth-of-field. This also eliminates the need to re-adjust lighting, thereby contributing to shortening shooting time.
- The MK series will be specifically designed for E-mount cameras with Super 35mm / APS-C sensor, and X Mount (for APS-C sensor) used in Fujifilm X Series of mirrorless digital cameras. They achieve advanced optical performance despite their compact and lightweight body by incorporating the benefits of short flange focal distance into optical design to the maximum extent. This accommodates shooting with a limited number of people.
*7 Processes of correcting colours during movie editing.
Resolving issues associated with using interchangeable lenses for still digital cameras in movie production
- The front focusing group of lens elements and the zooming group of lens elements are driven independently from one another to suppress focus shift while zooming which eliminates the need to re-focus after zooming in or out. The optical and mechanical approach means there is no time lag as seen in an electrical control system.
- The use of the front inner-focusing system controls lens breathing (change of angle of view during focusing), so as to achieve smooth focusing in a impressive scene.
- Manufacturing technology developed for conventional FUJINON cine lenses is applied to control optical axis shift while zooming, ensuring to achieve intended composition every time.
Comfortable operability provided through dedicated movie lenses
- The focus ring features a rotation of a full 200 degrees to facilitate precise focusing even when shooting with a shallow depth-of-field where a high degree of precision is required.
- The lenses feature three fully manual rings to enable independent adjustment of focus, zoom and iris. This enables intuitive operations which cannot be attained with an electrical mechanism that typically causes time lags.
- All the operation rings have a gear pitch of 0.8M, the same as all other FUJINON cine lenses, which allows the use of all standard third party accessories for movie production, e.g. Follow Focus that enable accurate and smooth focusing.
- The iris supports seamless adjustment that is free of clicking. This enables precise exposure adjustment while also preventing camera shake from clicking as well as the clicking noise.
Standardized design across the series for ease of operation
- Only one matte box between the lenses is needed with a 85mm front diameter.
- Only one filter size between the lenses is needed with a filter thread of 82mm.
- The gears for the three rings are positioned in the same place so as to eliminate the need to re-position accessories when switching lenses.
- The lenses have a macro function that allows shooting close-up to broaden the range of scenes that can be covered with one lens.
Fujinon MK18-55mm T2.9 Lens: Minimum Object Distance*8 of 0.38m (wide end)
The lenses feature a Flange Focal Distance adjustment function*9 to achieve optimum camera and lens matching, thereby bringing out the lense full optical performance.
*8 Distance from the image-forming plane to a subject
*9 The position of the lens image-forming plane can be adjusted according to the camera flange focal distance (distance from lens mounting reference plane to sensor)