The Fujinon 80-250mm will complement the 28-100mm by having identically matched colour balance, as well as matched focus, zoom and iris ring locations and by being the same weight.
Fujifilm’s 85 years of motion picture heritage and 17 years of cinema lens experience provide the foundation for all Fujinon lenses.
Stunning optical performance that delivers the full benefits of large format sensors
- The Premista 80-250mm achieves stunning optical quality and low distortion from the center of the image right out to the corners, across an image circle that exceeds 46.3mm in diameter.
- By combining newly developed focus and zoom systems, the lens produces clean and accurate images with minimum colour aberrations, regardless of zoom position.
- Unwanted flare & ghosts are very well suppressed thanks to Fujifilm’s in-house optical calculation software allowing the large format sensors to capture their full dynamic range.
- The colour is natural and neutral and the “look” matches perfectly with the Premista 80-250mm and also many current lineups of large format prime lenses to simplify colour grading when using a combination of multiple lenses.
Lightweight and durable
- The lens barrel is highly durable while still being lightweight. Its length is 28% shorter and weight is 46% lighter than Premier HK18-85 Super 35mm lens.
Covering 80mm to 250mm and achieving T2.9 across the entire focal length.
- The Premista 80-250mm covers focal lengths normally covered by 6 individual prime lenses. Using it as a “variable-angle prime lens” helps to save time on set caused by changing lenses frequently.
- It achieves a pleasant bokeh effect with shallow depth-of-field thanks to a 13-blade iris and a constant T2.9 speed across the entire zoom range.
- When combined with the Premista 28-100mm, at the pair of lenses will cover the most frequently-used range of focal lengths from 28mm to 250mm.
- The iris, zoom and focus rings all have a gear pitch of 0.8M to allow the use of standard third-party accessories for movie production.
- The focus ring features a rotation of a full 280 degrees to help with precise focusing.
- Fluorescent paint is used on all indexes to help shooting in dark locations. The focus scale ring can be switched between feet or metric scale at your rental house.
- The lenses feature a Back Focus adjustment function with hex screw to achieve optimum camera and lens matching, even if the flange focal distance changes due to a sudden change of temperature.
Compatible with the “ZEISS eXtended Data” system
- The Premista series is compatible with the “ZEISS eXtended Data” system based on the open /i® Technology standard. It enables the recording of lens metadata (focus, zoom, and iris position) and lens distortion and shading corrections
- The LEMO connection port can be replaced with a blanking plate when not being used.