The robust L-series 70-200mm telephoto zoom lens is a favourite with professional photographers, a modern classic redesigned, its now even better in bright light and engineered to perform in the most challenging conditions. A maximum f/2.8 aperture offers plenty of control over depth of field and – in combination with a 3.5-stop Image Stabilizer to counteract natural camera shake – makes low-light photography simple. Image quality is excellent, with superb sharpness right across the frame, a great choice for our highest resolution EOS cameras.
- The 70-200mm zoom range is so versatile that it’s useful in just about every area of photography
- Keep shooting hand held even when light gets low. A fast f/2.8 aperture lets in twice as much light as an f/4 lens, and a 3.5-stop Image Stabilizer guards against camera shake
- Enjoy superb images quality, even on our highest resolution digital cameras. A sophisticated optical design delivers outstanding resolution, while improved coatings combat ghosting and flare
- Excellent control over depth of field lets you emphasise a pin-sharp subject against a smooth out-of-focus background
- Track fast-moving objects around the frame with precision, thanks to a ring-type USM auto-focusing system. Full-time manual focus override facilitates easy adjustments
- L-series construction, designed to withstand rigours of professional use. Protective seals guard against dust and moisture